Who Can Donate ?
Any healthy adult, both male and female, can donate blood. Men once in every Three months and women every Four months. Good health of the donor must be fully ensured. The universally accepted criteria for donor selection are:
- Age between 18 and 60 years
- Haemoglobin : not less than 12.5 g/dL
- Pulse : between 50 and 100/minute with no irregularities
- Blood Pressure : Systolic 90 : 180 mm Hg and Diastolic 50 : 100 mm Hg
- Temperature : Normal (oral temperature not exceeding 37.5 degree C)
- Body weight : not less than 45 Kg